The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Contact email@example.com.
The website is operated by Leida Products Ltd ("we", "us" and "our"), a company incorporated and domiciled in the UK with the registered number 08052360 and registered office at Basepoint Innovation Centre, Great Marlings, Bedfordshire, LU2 8DL. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the "Act") we are the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company which decides the means and purpose for the processing of your personal data) for the purpose of applicable data protection law.
COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE & STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
COLLECTION OF DATA
1) You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
2) With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
3) This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
4) This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
USE OF DATA
5) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, or to provide confirmation of any orders placed with ourselves or third parties such as our Vendor Companies. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
6) To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure: to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
7) Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
8) If applicable, we may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
9) We may share your information with selected third parties including our Vendor Companies, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
10) Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. When we share personal data with these companies we require them to keep it safe and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
11) Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
12) Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
STORAGE OF DATA
13) The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating inside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Vendor Companies.
14) All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We do not store payment or credit card details nor do we share such information with any third parties or our Vendor Companies other than for the purposes previously described.
15) Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
16) We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances
17) Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will always do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
18) The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
19) You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
20) Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
21) Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
22) Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
23) Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
24) You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
25) We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
26) If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
27) You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk). In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-m... for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please do contact us in the first instance at email@example.com